Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 3: "There is no place in the world I would rather be than right here."

Hola Everyone!

So I didnt think that I would actually end up getting to Mexico very quickly because I gave them my passport so late, but last week on Thursday I got a notice in the mail saying I was leaving on Friday to go to vegas to see the consulate, and then I would be leaving on Monday to go to Mexico, which means...... IM IN MEXICO RIGHT NOW!!!! I've only been here a few hours but I can already tell I'm going to love it. The city I am in is called Guayma; reminds me a lot of Tanzania actually. We are right by the water, and there are also mountains surrounding us, its beautiful. All I need to do is just figure out what everyone is saying to me and then I'll be GREAT.

So the awards this week go to Adrianna, for being the first official handwritten letter that I recieved in the mail! Go nana! Also, props to Cami (Garrets wife, EWWWW) for writing me the most about some pretty random things but also adding some humor and makin meh laugh. you go girls. And last, but certaintly not least, THANK YOU SEMINARY CLASS I LOVE YOU. To Sister Buckmiller and everyone who wrote me letters and sent me candy, I was so happy. When I opened the package and saw who it was from and what was in it, I literally jumped for joy and ended up tearing a hole in my pants, and had to get them fixed. So when you send the next package, please include $4 to reimburse me the cost to fix them....... :)

Being in Mexico means I had to leave the MTC. It was a sad goodbye because I honestly loved the place, and the friends I made there were awesome. On the last sunday we went to the Sunday evening Devotional, Elder Hollands son was the speaker. So ELDER HOLLAND WAS THERE! He only spoke for a few minutes, but still, I saw Elder Holland, and snuck a picture on my camera. Sooo Mckenna I saw him first!!! 

One of the coolest things we did this week was look at pictures from my MTC Teacher´s mission. His name is Hermano Lee, and he served in Bogota Colombia. He showed us pictures of all the crazy stuff that he and his companions did, but the coolest thing I thought was seeing pictures of the investigators and the baptisms. You could see in his eyes how genuinely happy he was for the people who accepted the gospel into their lives, and how proud he was to see them decide to follow the Lord. It made me even more excited to get out in to the field and start teaching and serving. gah i can't wait.

All the preparation that I have done for my mission, and all the support you all have given me up to this point is now taking its course. I am finally in Mexico where the Lord wants me to be, and I am so excited to begin His work. There is no place in the world I would rather be than right here. Praying for all of you and wishing you the best!

Elder Bernal



Connor and his mission presidents



Connor, his mission presidents, and some of the other missionaries in his area

No comments:

Post a Comment