Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Week 65: "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it"

Que hubo!

So let me take you back to Monday of last week. Elder Hernandez and Elder Bernal are cleaning up the house so its fresh and clean and so Rosy wont get mad, heehee. I go to my chair where I sit EVERY MORNING and I move it to the side so I can sweep a little. Then, from out of the bottom of my chair, there suddenly emerges A BLACK WIDOW SPIDER AND BEFORE I COULD DO ANYTHING IT BIT ME IN THE ARM!!! No jk.

Don't worry mom it was a joke, It didn't bite me. But it did come crawling out and I may have let out a 5 year old girl little scream that our neighbors from down the street might have heard. I thought about it for a little second, What are the odds that that spider has been there for a while? What are the odds that out of the many times that I have sat in that chair, and it hasn't crawled on my leg or even given me a nibble? I like to think that God protected me from any harm, but instead of thinking about it any longer, I whipped out the broom and practiced my lumberjack skills and chopped that widow to pieces.

So other than that, the week was great! More news to come in the next week. Stay Safe! Check for spiders!

Elder Bernal

Inspiration for the Week:

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."

- Nelson Mandela


No comments:

Post a Comment