Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Week 85: The healing of the soul is found in turning outward to other people



Hello family!

First things first, If I am not mistaken, and hopefully Im not because that would be real embarrassing, but according to my calculations Eric "bde" "erk" Stefanchik, Celina Cafareli, and Shain "noodle" Scott will all have their birthdays on October 17th. Shout out to the three of you!

Izzy is in Gautemala!! yahooo!!!!!

I saw a video produced by the church last week that I really really liked. As the main focus of my message for this week, I would like you all to watch this video titled "Lift" and ponder on the following remarks made by one of the participants. It had a profound impact on me. Enjoy.

"Its interesting, the dicotomy between healing the body and healing the soul. When you heal the body, its always an inward effort. We are always paying attention to ourself. When you heal the soul, turning inward doesnt work. The triage of the soul is found in turning outward to other people. Everytime I help Kathy (or in our case, another person) it heals a part of my soul."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAuqdPWTGLI

And if I may, this video also makes me reflect on the oft quoted words spoken by King Benjamin in the Book of Mormon, "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God" (Mosiah 2:17).

Exito!
Elder Bernal


Quote of the week, cudos to Amanda Briggs


"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that an airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."

-Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment