Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Week 84: Echale ganas Hermana Bernal! Tegucigalpa te espera!

Hello world!

Urgent announcement! My little sister Izzy leaves on her mission tomorrow evening!! Everyone send her all the love while you still can! I'm so proud of you Izzy, you are going to be a legendary missionary.

Second urgent announcement!! On Wednesday September 30th Shannon Graves will turn 21!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANNON!!!! 

So this truly was an excellent week. We had a lot of success and we finally, after two weeks, were able to spend the entire week in our area. A nice little surprise was that last week on Monday, right after I had written, a ton of the members threw a surprise birthday party for me! They made a cake out of cupcakes in the shape of a missionary! It was awesome! I think my shoving peoples face in the cake record (2-2) was completely shattered when the same stealth attack was used on me... see the picture attached.... they got me good.....

Last week, Rosy sent me a puzzle piece game of Seattle for my birthday present. It consisted of several little images of well known sites in Seattle, and the goal is to compete other players to collect the most pairs you can. All cards are faced upside down, and each player gets a turn to flip two up at a time. The one who ends up with the most pairs wins. I deemed it worthy (and of crucial importance) to include in this weeks email the report that we played this game with all 12 of the missionaries in penasco, and, it is safe to say, that I absolutely dominated. Many trips to the space needle, pike place, the gum wall, troll under the bridge, alkai beach, the EMP and many other places finally paid off to show some Seattle pride. Go Hawks.

Once again, I want to say how proud I am of my little sister for making the decision to be a missionary. She is about to embark on the greatest adventure that she could ever take. The steps she will be taking have been praised by Prophets of old and beautified in one of my favorite scriptures: 

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace, that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation, that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Isaiah 52:7

Echale ganas Hermana Bernal! Tegucigalpa te espera!

Elder Bernal






No comments:

Post a Comment