Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 83: How Big Is God?

Hello!

Thank you all for the awesome birthday wishes! I think it needs no further commentary, but it is definitely safe to say that it was one of the greatest birthdays of my life, along with one of the greatest birthday presents I could have asked for. I love you all!

This week, we were visited by Elder Piper, a general authority of the church, member of the 70, and member of the Mexico area presidency. He spoke to us quite a bit and I must say that I learned a lot. 

One of the things that he focused on a lot was the idea that we are all agents. This world is made up of two kinds of matter; those that act, and those that are acted upon. We, human beings, are the kind that act! God has bestowed us with the power chose, and it is against our divine nature (and not to mention part of the adversary´s plan) to think that we are complacent and subject to the conditions around us. We would do well to always remember that "the power is in (us), wherein (we) are agents unto (ourselves). And inasmuch as men do good, they shall in nowise lose their reward" (DC 58:28).

I also wanted to finish off this week sharing a thought that a dear friend I met here in Nogales, Hermano Moreno, sent me. It is translated from Spanish.

A boy once asked his father, "Dad, how big is God?"

The father looked up to the sky, and seeing a plane, asked his son, "How big is that plane way up there?"

The boy responded. "Its small, you can barely see it."

The father then took his boy to the airport, and brought him close to a real airplane, and then asked again, "Now how big is that airplane?"

The young boy responded in amazement, "Its enormous!"

Then the father told his son, "And so it is with God. How big He is depends on the distance that you are from him. The closer you are, the bigger He will be in your life."

Never in my life have I been closer God. And so it is also true, than never in my life have I been so sure that He lives.

Have a great week!

Elder bernal

No comments:

Post a Comment