Thursday, November 5, 2015

Week 87: "As long as you are proud you cannot know God"



Hello all!!

Sorry for not being able to write last week! It was a busy one... This week I have sad news... after 4 months, I was transferred out of Puerto Penasco to Hermosillo. I have come to love Penasco so much and all the members and great great people that I have met there. It truly has been one of my most favorite areas to work in. We all said goodbye on Sunday and it was sad, but I know that I am going to see all these people again. After so much hard work, I have left a piece of my heart in Peñasco and will be very anxious to return.

My transfers have brought me to Hermosillo once again, and here I will be serving with a new companion named Elder Vandenbosch from Utah! He lost a whopping 55 pounds since the start of his mission!! Can you believe that!! I'm excited to start working with him. And since I am back in Hermosillo, that means that I had to say good bye to my faithful steed in Penasco, since here we don't use bikes. But instead of bikes, we are back to city buses, and since I´m back to public transportation, that means its back to yelling on the buses! Yahoo!!

A very good friend of mine shared with a me a quote from C.S. Lewis about pride, and I liked it so much I have decided to include it in this weeks email.

"As long as you are proud, you cannot know God. A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and of course, as long as your are looking down, you cannot see something that is above you."

And if you can´t see what lies above you, then you are going to have quite a hard time getting to know God.


Without any further adiue, I send the biggest birthday wishes to my favorite twins in the world. Happy birthday to Megan and Alyssa Jemley on November 4th!!


Have a great week!
Elder Bernal

Pictures:

1 and 2 the gang in peñasco





3. My old companion Elder Alvarez and I in a members house on the water in Peñasc



4. My new companion Elder Vandenbosch




No comments:

Post a Comment