Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Week 12

Hello everyone!

First and foremost, it was Phil Fraziers birthday on the 14th, and so if you haven't already, please tell him happy birthday and then give him a nice punch in the arm for me. 

A great week once again, although not much to report. This last week was La Semana Santa and so everyone was at the beach celebrating the holidays and so it was a slow one for us. On the bright side, Spanish is becoming more and more comfortable, and I barely speak English anymore. The food is still good, almost too good because I may or may not be gaining weight already, and shout out to Rachael Duncan, Claire Constanza, Hayley Baas, and Emma Salter for their care package that made me feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

One thing that I do consider to be absolutely significant enough to include in this weeks email is that I have realized that the ability to whistle loudly is a secret weapon in Mexico, and thus I have been sucking air trying to practice for the last few weeks. And so, the other day, my companion and I were running to catch our bus that had passed us, and in a last attempt, I whistled for the bus to stop, hoping he would hear... and just then, the bus stopped; AND IT WORKED!!!! He pulled over and waited for us, and we got on. After sitting down in my seat, it may have been one of the most accomplishing feelings of my life. I now have a powerful powerful ability to control the transportation system of Mexico. Look out.

Apart from that legendary story, not much else to report.

Hope you all enjoyed a lovely Easter and remembered the significance of the Savior`s sacrifice for us. Love you all and will talk to you next week!

Elder Bernal

No comments:

Post a Comment