Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Week 16: "Keep laughing"

What's up everyone?

Alright so I will be straight honest and just say that this seemed like a long week. Now that its over, it seems fast, as does just about everything, but honestly this one was a tough one. A tough one with the language, a tough one with the work, and lots and lots of chastenings. But as we all read from earlier, "despise not thou the chastenings of the Almighty" am I right am I right?

As my brother has helped me learn, some of the best remedies to anything tough is to just Keep Laughing. SO, this week, something funny happened with my Spanish when we were in a lesson. One lady was asking about who Joseph Smith was and if we prayed to him and such. As we explained that Joseph smith was a prophet like all the rest that God has called, I then asked her, a catholic, "Tu oras a la papa?" What I was trying to get across was that does she as a catholic, pray directly to the pope? But in Spanish, the word Pope is EL Papa, NOT LA Papa. So what I actually said was Do you pray to the potato? And let me tell you this lady DIED i mean she would not stop laughing. Like literally, we had to stop the lesson and just finish there because she just thought it was that funny. So even though they just ripped me apart for not being able to speak Spanish, it still got some good laughs.

Passing through an interesting time in the mission. Lots of work with lots of people, and lots and lots of lessons to learn. But the people here continue to be so nice and loving, always willing to lend a helping hand to strangers. Always brings a smile.

Attached are some photos of me and a few of the Elders here! Elder Bake is my companion and he is the tall one, awesome awesome guy. And in case you are wondering, yes, all of these pictures are absolutely candid and real...

Have a great week! Keep Laughing!
Elder Bernal








No comments:

Post a Comment