Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Week 51: "In all of us are places we have never been. Only by pressing the limits do we ever find them."

Hello,

Well, lets be honest, it hurts. Cuts to the very core, but I am going to try to ignore the deep and bitter pain from Sunday and focus on the good......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL MOTHER WHO TURNED 30 FLIRTY AND THRIVING ON JANUARY 29TH!!!!!!! I WUZ YOU MOMMY!!!!!

I had one of the craziest experiences of my mission this week.

On Tuesday, my companion and I left the house in the morning to begin work. We went to the appointment at 11, and nobody was there. We went to our backup plan, and nobody was there. Went to visit another friend, and nobody was there. We found ourselves left in an area where we had practically nothing to do for the next 3 hours. After a moment of aimlessly looking around, I looked at my companion and said, "Alright man, here's what we are gonna do. You and I are going to say a prayer together, right now. We are going to pray that God will guide us directly to someone who is ready to receive the Gospel. As we leave from this house, we are going to follow the spirit completely. When we come to a stop sign, we will decide which way to go, and if we don't agree, we will pray again until we come to a conclusion. We will do this every single time, until we arrive at a house of a person who is ready, and we will not stop until we get there. " We began walking. As we came to stop signs we waited, counted to three, and then pointed which way we felt we should go. Not once did we point in different directions. We followed the smallest of signs. Stop signs with arrows pointing in a direction. People calling our names from a street. Every little thing that seemed to us as guidelines. We narrowed it down to one street. We knew that the house was there. We walked down the street. Nothing. We walked down the street again. Nothing. One more time. Nothing. We paused for a second, wondering what to do. Though it seemed like this wasn't it, I knew very well that God had literally guided us to this moment, that we had gotten to this spot for a reason, and that this was the only place in the world that we needed to be in this moment. I said one more prayer to myself, asking for this person to makes themselves a little more obvious to me. As I lifted up my feet to take a few more steps, I heard a voice.

I turned around, and saw a man. He came running from out of his house, and pulled us aside. "Sorry to interrupt you. Are you guys busy?"

We responded, "Not really, what can we do for you?"

"I saw you from inside my house, and I knew I needed to talk to you. Would you mind coming to my house to give me a a quick visit?"

We enter into his house, and he tells us that when he saw us, he felt something from inside urging him to talk to us. He felt the great need to hear what we had to say.

I almost could not believe what just happened. I almost cried because of how literal and obvious the Lord has just performed a miracle before our eyes. He literally guided us to someone who needed us to visit him. He guided my feet, he pointed through my hands, and we arrived where we needed to be. I don't know what will happen with the man we met, but I do know, and will never be able to deny that The Lord led me to him. As we walked blindly in the streets, I remembered the words of Nephi:

"And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.

God lives, and he shows himself to us every day. Let him lead you, and you will get to where he needs you to be.


Have an awesome week!
Elder Bernal


Inspiration for the Week:
"In all of us are places we have never been. Only by pressing the limits do we ever find them."

No comments:

Post a Comment