Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Week 60: "Working for God doesn´t pay much, but His retirement plan is out of this world!"

Hello!!

So, things have been pretty mellow lately. My new companion Elder Hernandez lives up to his looks and he is indeed a boss. We are having great time and life, as always, is superb.

General conference was awesome as usual, I hope that all of you were able to watch it. If you missed a session, or a talk or two, you need to do all that you can to watch them, because you never know if the talk you missed is the talk you need to hear. 

So my companion, Elder Hernandez, is super stoked to learn English. We have been practicing in the mornings, and as I helped him learn, I remembered how hard it is to learn a second language. There are so many little things that you have to remember, so many differences in the pronunciation, and so many different ways to talk But, this week, I came to the realization of one of the biggest evidences that I have to support the truth and reality of the Holy Ghost. In just a little more than a year, my ability to speak Spanish has transformed into something that is beyond my comprehension. There is no possible way in the world that I could ever have been able to speak Spanish at the level I do if I had done it all alone. No, it is simply not logical. The only possible way that I could have learned to speak the Spanish language in the short time that I have, is if God himself had helped me do it. And you know, the funny thing is that this fact is more evident than you would think. On days that I feel out of it, on days where my patience is thin, where I should have been loving when I was harsh, I can barely speak. I try to think every word out in my head, translate everything directly, and I cant do it. It doesn't work. Doing it my way, I sound like an old CD with a million scratches. But when I forget about myself, when I put my confidence in the Lord and let him take care of what I say, and I really focus on the people I don't have to think twice. The words come out as if I were speaking English. I am forever grateful for the help I have received from the Holy Ghost in learning another language, because I know I could have never done it alone. I know that His presence is real, and that He can help us accomplish ALL the things we desire if we put ALL of our trust in Him. 

And thank goodness I still have another 10 months to take advantage because I'm still trying to shake off the gringo accent :)


Until next week!
Elder Bernal

Inspiration of the Week, thanks to recently return Missionary Kaleb Evans!
"Working for God doesn´t pay much, but His retirement plan is out of this world!"


HA!!



No comments:

Post a Comment